family law pic
Personal & Family Law


PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this webpage has been prepared for educational purposes only. Communication of information through this webpage does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship, is not intended to solicit clients or to provide legal services as to any particular matter, and is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice or provide a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney. It is important for you to consult with an attorney regarding your rights and responsibilities in a particular situation.



Wills & Trusts
Testaments, living wills, and trusts will ensure your assets and livelihood continue even after you no longer can make decisions.


Wills & trusts are documents used to direct the management of an estate, particularly after one’s death. They state who will be the beneficiaries of both tangible and intangible assets. These documents can designate a person responsible for the management of the estate.


A living will is a document that states what actions should be taken in the event that you are incapacitated. This document can give instructions for medical decisions to be made. It can also grant power of attorney or specify a health care proxy (a person capable of making health care decisions for you if you become incapacitated).


We can help you create basic wills or refer you to others for more complex ones.



Family Law
Our Board of Directors made the difficult decision to discontinue our family law services, with the exception of uncontested adoption.


If you are a University of Minnesota student, please call us for legal referral information specific to family law issues and concerns.




Name Changes
People will often get their names changed through marriage, divorce, or by filing a name change in court.


This process includes:
1. Filling out court paperwork
2. Appearing before a judge
3. Notifying third parties


Contact us to set up an appointment if you are interested in changing your name or other legal identifiers.


Jump to a Page Section:
Related Links: