Areas of Service
- Tenant rights, deeds and contracts, repairs, security deposits, evictions (unlawful detainer), and lease review.
- We also provide educational programs for housing cooperatives, fraternities, and sororities regarding laws and rights related to alcohol and parties.
- Misdemeanors, aggravated traffic matters, and expungement.
- We will represent students in arraignments, hearings, and court trials provided we have the resources and specialities to do so. For most misdemeanors and some gross-misdemeanors, we can provide service.
- Student visas, asylum, citizenship, green-cards, and immediate relative petitions.
- We can represent students in proceedings and interactions with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Personal & Family Law
- Consumer matters: Credit problems, contracts, insurance coverage, student loans, and more.
- Collections and garnishments.
- Wills and trusts.
- Family law: We offer limited services in this area, but will provide consultations and referrals.
- Name changes, referrals, and more.
- Our office has a wide variety of specialties and can also assist students with intellectual property pursuits to general litigation. Please contact our office to determine if we can help with your legal pursuits.
Power of Attorney
- Written authorization to represent you in your affairs for a variety of reasons.
- Power of Attorney is useful during incapacitating medical episodes. Students who study abroad may benefit from assigning rights to one of our attorneys.
- We notarize documents or signatures for free and without appointment.
- Signature Notoriety: Bring a state-issued ID with a signature.
- Certified Copies: Bring the original document to the office. We will photocopy the original and notarize the copy.
- © 2011-2012 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
- The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
- Information current as of May 1, 2012.